Why should I have Private Cataract Surgery?
Majority of the cataract surgery is done successfully on the NHS.
Private cataract surgery has the following main advantages.
- Choice of surgeon- you have the choice of seeing the same person through out your care-before, during and after the surgery.
- No training obligations- NHS has a duty to train the surgeons for the future. The risks of surgery during the training are also overall low. However typically the risks of surgery under the hands of an experienced consultant are even lower (less than 1%). If things do go wrong during the surgery you have the reassurance that the situation will be dealt with under experienced hands.In cataract surgery, what the surgeon does during the surgery is the most important factor for the outcome. Unfortunately, we do see patients where things have gone wrong and sometimes it has implications for the rest of the life of the patients with multiple visits, poor vision, further operations etc.
- No waiting list- surgery can be arranged in consultation with your surgeon without having to wait for it.
- No restriction for timing of the surgery- increasingly there are restrictions being stipulated by the commissioners about the level of vision at which surgery can be offered. Many patients have better acuity on clinical tests than these thresholds but may have significant cataract and/or symptoms. With private surgery your surgeon helps you decide about the timing of surgery based on your symptoms and requirements alone.
- Choice of implants and personalized care. Your surgeon will be able to offer you a wider choice of implants based on your requirements.
Font size: A A
I had cataract surgery to both eyes. I also had upgraded trifocal lenses in both eyes. I am very happy as the cataract symptoms have now gone and I do not need glasses at all. I sit at a computer 90% of my working day. Before the surgery I could not see the screen without glasses and now I do not need them at all.
I am writing to thank you for the care and attention you afforded me recently to remedy the cataracts in both eyes and the astigmatism in my right eye. Throughout you explained clearly your thoughts and proposals for my treatment and set clear expectations about the outcome from the two operations. The expectations you set for long distance and short sight distance have not only been met but been exceeded. I am delighted with the outcome. The two operations were painless and I would recommend anyone who has to undergo such treatment not to be concerned. At all times you provided excellent patient care. As you know I am engaged in the IT industry and in my view the two most important facets to success is the technical solution provided and working closely with my clients. Clearly you have immense technical knowledge and in addition managed to make me feel at ease, comfortable and consequently I gained complete confidence with you. I have been wearing glasses and / or contact lenses for over 50 years and to be able see normally without either is a fantastic feeling. Mr Goyal thank you again for the excellent care you provided to me. If ever the opportunity arises I would be happy to recommend you.
I recently underwent surgery for a cataract in my R eye following a very frightening experience where I had developed complete loss of vision in my R eye over a period of 2 hours. Mr Goyal provided not only incredible expertise but kindness and a sense of humour throughout,I cannot recommend him highly enough.
It was a pleasure to be treated by Mr. Goyal. I was completely relaxed throughout both of my cataract operations performed by him. All went well and true to his word he telephoned me the next morning the ensure that all was well.
Saurabh Goyal is a charming man and an excellent surgeon who exudes quiet confidence in his undoubted abilities. When he successfully carried out bilateral laser iridotomy on my eyes I decided that he was the only surgeon I would choose to perform my cataract surgery. His attention to detail throughout has been meticulous and nothing has been too much trouble for him on my behalf. He is, in short, an immense credit to his Profession.T.D.Ireland B.Sc.,C.Eng.,F.I.Mech.E.